MetaApi risk management API - trading risk restrictions, forex challenges and competitions in a cloud#
Note: this is a technical documentation website. Commercial landing page is located here https://metaapi.cloud
Note to reader: We aimed to create a powerful yet simple API. If you'll find a missing feature you need, please drop us a message via online chat.
MetaApi risk management API is a cloud API for executing trading challenges and competitions. You can use this API for e.g. if you want to launch a proprietary trading company like FTMO. The API is also useful for trading firms/teams which have to enforce trading risk restrictions.
MetaApi risk management API is a member of MetaApi project (https://metaapi.cloud), a powerful cloud forex trading API which supports both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 platforms.
Why do we offer MetaApi risk management API#
We found that developing a platform and infrastructure for running trading and investement challenges and competitions is a task which requires lots of effort and investment.
We decided to share our product as it allows developers to start with a powerful solution in almost no time, saving on development and infrastructure maintenance costs.
MetaApi risk management forex trading challenge API features#
- fine-granular equity tracking
- configuring and executing trading challenges and competitions consisting from multiple drawdown and profit target criteria
- receiving notifications about failed challenges in real time
- tracking equity chart and challenge/competition statistics in real time
- tracking equity and balance changes in real time
- tracking number of days with trades during a challenge
Please note that MT5 netting accounts are not supported in the current API version.
API and SDKs#
We published some code examples in our github repositories, namely:
- Python: https://github.com/agiliumtrade-ai/metaapi-risk-management-python-sdk/tree/master/examples
In order to convert the code examples to pure REST API invocations, please check source codes of the APIs invoked in examples to convert the SDK API calls to REST API invocations.
REST APIsection describes how to interact with the MetaStats using the RESTful API
Modelssection describes the response schemas that the application uses to communicate with the client
Take a look at our website for the full list of APIs and features supported https://metaapi.cloud/#features
Some of the APIs you might decide to use together with MetaApi risk management API are:
- MetaApi cloud forex API https://metaapi.cloud/docs/client/
- MetaTrader account management API https://metaapi.cloud/docs/provisioning/
- CopyFactory trade copying API https://metaapi.cloud/docs/copyfactory/
- MetaStats forex trading metrics API https://metaapi.cloud/docs/metastats/
- MetaApi MT Manager API https://metaapi.cloud/docs/manager/